Preparing for Success in Algebra is a California Mathematics and Science Partnership (CaMSP) grant. The program intent is to increase the academic achievement of students in mathematics (grade 5 through Algebra 1) by enhancing the content knowledge and teaching skills of classroom teachers through professional learning activities. Los Angeles Unified School District, Local District 6 received the three year grant through a collaborative partnership with the University of California, San Diego, the University of California, Irvine, San Diego State University, and the San Diego Mathematics Project.
The homework assignment from the Summer Institute is now available! Click here to access it!
CaMSP Year 3 – Follow-up Meetings
- October 15, 2011
- December 10 , 2011
- February 11, 2012
- March 17, 2012
Location: LD6 Office
Time: 8:00am – 3:30pm
- Click here to download the "Classroom Application Hours" form as a Word Document. Please email completed forms to [email protected]
|The CaMSP Web Tool has been created to serve you and the project. Email us at with your feedback.|
Follow Up #2 (October 23, 2010) Resources Now Available!
POST-TEST SCORES Now Available!
- Post-test scores
(Note: Scores are reported by project number to ensure confidentiality. If you do not know your project number, please email us at .)
- If you attended all sessions of the Math Content Institute, held July 20-24, 2009, you are eligible to receive course credit, which is now available through UCSD. Please us if you would like more information.
CaMSP enters Year Three!
Join us as we celebrate and plan for the future...
Year 2 (2010-2011)
- July 19-23: Content Institute
- October 23: Follow Up #2
Year 1 (2009-2010)
- April 22: Preparing for Success in Algebra Kick-Off Event in Local District 6
- June 9: Kick-Off Follow Up for new participants
- July 17: Pretest for new participants
- July 20 - 24: Content Institute 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
- Institute Follow Up Dates
- October 24, 2009
- January 30, 2010
- March 20, 2010
- May 22, 2010
CaMSP Learning Network Meeting, April 4-5, 2011
Presentation: Using Action Research & Assessments of Teacher Knowledge to Foster Effective Math Instruction
- PowerPoint slides
- Language Test Blueprint
- Student Language Assessment
- Action Research Video (double-click image to begin video)
- Brainstorming Sheets, Rubrics, Projects
Contact us with any questions or comments at: or (858) 534-9154.
Take a look inside the classrooms of Johnny Rivera and Cathy Tennis at Southeast Middle School. This video highlights the use of Academic Language in their Mathematics classrooms.
Click here to view the video
Other classroom examples can be found in the Videos section.