Distance = Rate times Time
- The relationship between time, distance and rate are fundamental from first steps in algebra through calculus and beyond.
- An important real world concept that reinforces proportional reasoning.
- 5AF1.1 Use information taken from a graph or equation to answer questions about a problem situation.
- 5MR2.3 Use a variety of methods, such as words, numbers, symbols, charts, graphs, tables, diagrams, and models, to explain mathematical reasoning.
- 6NS2.4 Determine the least common multiple and the greatest common divisor of whole numbers
- AF1.1 Write and solve one-step linear equations in one variable.
- AF1.2 Write and evaluate an algebraic expression for a given situation, using up to three variables.
- 6AF2.2 Demonstrate an understanding that rate is a measure of one quantity per unit value of another quantity.
- 6AF2.3 Solve problems involving rates, average speed, distance, and time.
- 7AF4.1 Solve two-step linear equations and inequalities in one variable over the rational numbers.
- 7AF4.2 Solve multistep problems involving rate, average speed, distance, and time.
- 15.0 Students apply algebraic techniques to solve rate problems,
work problems, and percent mixture problems.